Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thing #6

I played around with the mosaic maker & made the mosaic seen here with pictures of my beautiful baby boy from my Flikr account. Super easy & great for scrapbooking, but not as
useful for the classroom as the Trading Card Maker. I envision using that for review either for the TAKS test or even unit tests. Students could be given cards with practice problems on them & once they have mastered the problem, would trade them with other students for new practice problems. Any thoughts on that? Here's kind of what I am thinking...

5 comments:

VWB said...

perfect example of a great use!

and a very nice family to boot!

whoknows said...

I think using trading cards to learn TAKS concepts would be a really fun way for students to interact!

nancym said...

TI too loved the mosaic maker. I teach 5th grade science(Yes, the first grade level to take TAKS science). I am always looking for concrete samples for ELL and Special Needs students since they are now on my TAKS accountability. I liked the trading cards and I thought the mosaic could be used to sequence steps in a process. I am anxious to try them in the classroom.

Judy B-song said...

Mrs. Hiler,
You are fantastic. I think your trading card idea is wonderful. I am sure it's not easy to make biology fun, but the cards may do the trick. Your baby is just beautiful. Enjoy every second of it. Time goes by fast. I had a November baby too and he is 16 years old now and driving!!!

Teacher Mommy said...

I liked the mosaic you made. I had fun making up different ones on that one.

Great use of the trading cards!