Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Thing #8

Thing #8 was more of a challenge for me....not that I can't do what it was asking, but I don't typically read 5 blogs everyday, so I had to really search for some. A friend of mine, luckily, had just set up one to keep us abreast of her pregnancy. I love that with Google Reader you can scroll through it quickly & not waste time typing in URLs (or hunting for them for that matter).

Personal life use: As I said, I can keep up with my friends lives. Most of us are too busy to sit down & have a lengthy phone conversation with each of our friends, but a blog & reader help to bridge the distance.
School use: With a subscription to the Science bundles, I can see the latest in science news at a glance. I would love to be able to report relevant current events to my students as often as possible....check it in the morning & see if there is anything extraordinary to share.

Library use: Hmmmm...I'm not sure if the reader HAS to be person specific or not. If not, a librarian can set up a reader with the subscriptions that students would most frequent or need when doing research. Then, a student could scroll through those first & if what he needs was not there, then go about with the old method of searching. Tell me librarians or someone who has been doing this longer than an hour....is this possible?

No comments: