Monday, July 14, 2008

Thing #16

Ok, so I posted on the SBISD library wiki. I toyed with using a wiki when I taught AP Environmental Science. The students have to read & summarize 6 environmentally related current events each six weeks and I looked into having them do this on a wiki and then having them read & comment on each other's postings. I didn't quite understand the whole wiki thing at that point so I didn't do it, but I sure wish I had made more of an effort now to figure it out! Posting on a wiki is very easy & I can see how this would be a great communication & collaboration tool in the classroom. I especially like the idea of having students add their 2 cents about a topic as a means of collaborative note-taking. I am also a big fan of the trading card maker, so adding those to a wiki is also a great idea!

No comments: