Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thing #19

I explored a few of the links on the 2.0 awards site. Some of them I had already explored (Flikr, Technorati, Del.icio.us, Craiglist, etc) but many were new to me. I explored:
  • MothersClick - it was ok as far as the social networking, but I really liked the recipes!
  • LinkedIn - I found a couple of people I work with, some family members, & even a French man I used to babysit for in high school - I've been wondering how his family was.
  • MyHeritage - pretty cool! You can upload a picture and see what celebrities you most look like
  • HairMixer - sort of silly, but I guess that's the point
  • Monster - I was familiar with this before, but I think this would be a great site to use to show the kids just how many jobs are out there that they would use their science background for and show them that most of the jobs posted require a college degree
  • MySpace/Facebook - I was also already familiar with these, but I have heard of teachers creating Facebook pages for their classes as a way for students to check assignments and as questions, etc. Very cool & "with it" thing for a teacher to do - really connects with the kids!

2 comments:

Terry said...

I'll have to check a few of these. It's fun to read other player blogs, I always see things I missed!

jbarras said...

Hey Hillary!

Great info! Hope your summer is going well. We have been so busy. See you soon. Visit us if you can!

Julie