Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thing #17

Well since it didn't specify, I created a Rollyo to search for housewares & home decor. We are buying a new house and need various things so I created a search engine of my favorite sites -- Pottery Barn, PB Kids, Restoration Hardware, Crate & Barrel, Land of Nod, Company Kids, etc. So then when I typed in "area rug," it only searched those sites. I love it! This would be very useful in my classroom for both me & my students. Throughout the year, the students do a couple of research projects and could very easily tailor their searches for more efficient use of in class time. I am constantly editing my flip charts & PowerPoint presentations by adding further explanation or a diagram/picture. I will use Rollyo to expedite my searches since in th past many of my diagrams have come from a common site.

2 comments:

toughteacher said...

Congrats on the new house. Rollyo is great for so many things aside from the classroom.

JAMS said...

Whoa,you've been busy this summer. I guess we should do breakfast soon. Maybe the 14th or lunch on the 15th? I like Rollyo, too. Jo Ann